Square Bear Reversi - odd score !??

Praise or concerns about our service? Please tell us here.
Rate this topic
Eagle_Kiwi
Shopping Basket
Has thanked: 0
Arcade highscore: 3
Square Bear Reversi - odd score !??

Post by Eagle_Kiwi » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:55 pm

Checking the high scores here ( http://www.shop4bizness.com/board/arcad ... &gameid=90 ) I see JJ has the ALLTIME top of 10103, set about a week ago.

Well, seems I'll probably never catch that . . . but . . . now I find, when I go to 'Arcade' then SEARCH for (Name Contains) "REVERSI" I see that that 10103 is only the "Actual HighScore Champion", while the ALLTIME here shows as JJ with 25000 !!! ??????????

Now where did THAT come from ?
Is this a Jamjar Jackup ? :no:

Jamjar
Professional Shopper
Arcade highscore: 30

Post by Jamjar » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:28 pm

Lol EK, the all time high score will be kept regardless, that score was done a loooong time ago and I was at it all day and all night :ooer: and I eventually got all 64 turned over, the thing is, and I think I've mentioned this before on sparky's forums, my weakness is me blooming memory, I simply cannot remember how I did it! So frustrating, but at least I don't forget our wedding anniversary, lol! :shiny:
:shifty: Want to learn how you can earn £50 just by clicking here? :yes:

Eagle_Kiwi
Shopping Basket

Post by Eagle_Kiwi » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:16 am

Thanks, JJ.
I've no problem with 25000 (now you explain it IS a "real" score) - but my main concern is that 2 different scores show as the alltime high depending on where I look.
If ONE shows 25000 then surely the other one should show the same - otherwise whenever I see an "alltime" score I dunno whether to believe it or not. (Are there 2 "levels" of "alltime scores" then ??)

Jamjar
Professional Shopper

Post by Jamjar » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:32 am

Where there are two scores that are the same, one is Best score of all time and the other is actual Highscore Champion like for instance your score in Snake is 229 for both, however, the settings in these forums is for all our Highscores to be nibbled up every 90 days, but what will be left behind indefinitely is the Best Score of all time, so if you played snake again (after 90 days) and you got the Highscore of 228, then it will show Best score of all time Eagle_Kiwi with a score 229 versus actual highscore champion Eagle_Kiwi with a score of 228 :winksmile:

Eagle_Kiwi
Shopping Basket

Post by Eagle_Kiwi » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:47 pm

Ah, thanks for all that, JJ. I guess/hope I'm getting a handle on this now!

Just one more clarification please (based on Reversi simply because it's a (rare?) example of where the Best Score of Alltime IS different to the Actual Hi Score Champ):-

When I'm at the "stats" (i.e. "Show High Scores") page, if I want to also see the 'alltime' high then I must click "Arcade", scroll down a couple of screens to the game SEARCH, enter "reversi" there, THEN scroll down about 3 screens!!?
Am I missing something here ? Is there no quicker/simpler way to find out ?

Actually it would seem to me that the Show High Scores page (below) SHOULD be sufficient, but only if the
"achieved" box at top showed the ALLTIME score (25000) rather than the "current" high score (10103), which is already shown in the list below anyway. Why show IT TWICE?)
reversi.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jamjar
Professional Shopper

Post by Jamjar » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:33 pm

Eagle_Kiwi wrote:Ah, thanks for all that, JJ. I guess/hope I'm getting a handle on this now!
You are most welcome :happy:
Eagle_Kiwi wrote:Actually it would seem to me that the Show High Scores page (below) SHOULD be sufficient, but only if the "achieved" box at top showed the ALLTIME score (25000) rather than the "current" high score (10103), which is already shown in the list below anyway. Why show IT TWICE?)
Good point Eagle, I really don't know why it shows that twice, maybe one day, we might be able to download an updated add on for the arcade which might fix that problem :happy:

Rate this topic