Discuss, complain, praise banks and building societies
Rate this topic
Jamjar
Professional Shopper
Has thanked: 0
Arcade highscore: 17
REAL bank charges only £2!!!!!!

Post by Jamjar » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:31 pm

We get overly charged by our Wallyfax bank each time with £39 and apparently the REAL cost of a bank charge is a mere £2! It's shocking! :rolleyes:

Last month, February we were charged £105 for going £10 over! :gr:

Check this out!

[CENTER][youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rh7LsizhxdI&re ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rh7LsizhxdI&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
[LEFT]

It sure makes ya mad, how we HATE the halifax bank! :frown:
[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

:shifty: Want to learn how you can earn £50 just by clicking here? :yes:

julesad
Shopping Basket
Been thanked: 0
Arcade super highscore: 0
Arcade highscore: 0

Post by julesad » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:44 pm

What a total rip off, my son is fighting to get back £63 in charges for being £3. odds overdrawn for 2 days but at the moment everything is on hold because of the court case that is going on so the banks are awaiting the outcome of the case before anything is going to be refunded if at all. In the meantime they will be gaining interest on my sons money, :gr:

Jamjar
Professional Shopper
Arcade highscore: 17

Post by Jamjar » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:14 pm

That IS disgusting Jules! :gr: Yes, there is a test case going on with the banks and the Office of Fair Trading, but the OFT does NOT have that much power to act against banks and so this fight seems puny at least! Banks CAN do what they want and HOW they want and they just seem to get more and more greedy as these days go by!

If you want to read some horror stories AND advice on what to do concerning banks or ANYTHING consumer wise, then check out this Consumer Action Group, they have helped to date:

Total Bank Charges Returned : £19,568,182 to 9416 people.

It has a wealth of information and I myself am a member there! Sometimes I spend more time there than on here! $$

I have to go to court tomorrow concerning some VERY nasty people and all because of Barclays bank! They've already lost two court cases against me, here's hoping for a third! :lol:
:shifty: Want to learn how you can earn £50 just by clicking here? :yes:

julesad
Shopping Basket
Arcade super highscore: 0
Arcade highscore: 0

Post by julesad » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:49 pm

Thanks for the link jamjar I will check it out and see if there is anything else we can do to get my son's money back, there is 6 of us in our family my OH and me between us have 4 accounts with the bank, and 2 eldest sons have 2 accounts each, 2 younger kids have 1 account each, thats a lot of business from one family that they run the risk of losing. I worked in a bank when I first left college years ago, not the same one that I bank with funnily enough but boy am I glad I left the business :rolleyes: Hope things went okay at the court with you.

cardsnbeautyhandmade

Post by cardsnbeautyhandmade » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:14 pm

my bank have done the same to me been waiting 6 weeks now, got a letter saying they wouldnt refund charges as it was going thru the courts, my prob was i had a direct debit come out that i had cancelled online but it came out twice the same day i was 25p overdrawn and it was the day before my money went in which does religiously every week and has done for the past 4 years.

shan

LadyAngel
Mood:
Arcade highscore: 10

Post by LadyAngel » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:31 pm

Just watched that video. I should be shocked, but I'm not. Consumers have known for years that banks have been lying to us and conning us out of our hard-earned cash. They treat low-income earners like tripe, yet they are quite willing to make the majority of their profits from us with their wildly inflated bank charges.

It's strange that we, as a relatively poor family, are not even allowed to speak to anyone at the Halifax bank and are not allowed to approach the tellers (after all, we ARE unclean, and we don't want them turning into a pile of ash from having to look at us!), but they are more than willing to make us even more poor by stealing over £100 of our obviously tainted money. We actually had to take out a Social Fund loan to cover the charges!

The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer. They hate us and obviously don't want our custom, but they make billions a year from us and others like us. The next time I send them a letter, I'm going to charge them £35 for 'admin' costs! (Of course, I'll have to disinfect it for them first!)

Rate this topic