Halifax bank

Discuss, complain, praise banks and building societies
Rate this topic
Jamjar
Professional Shopper
Has thanked: 0
Halifax bank

Post by Jamjar » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:25 pm

Went to put some money in our beloved Halifax bank today and because we have been down graded (thanks to the Inland Revenue's Tax Credits, long story!) to a Visa Electron, the cashier informed me that Visa Electron users WILL NOT be able to come up to the counter and place cash into their accounts, instead, the Visa Electron commoners have to pile up to a poxy paying in machine, which make extremely loud beeping noises when it takes your money/cheques!

For instance, if you have £70 - £100 to put in, you have to faff about trying to fit all yer dosh into the slot and if a tenner is creased up or crinkley the machine spits yer dosh back out whereby you have to "present" it better, before it accepts it. So there you are passing the dosh back and forth and with each action you get a mega loud beeping noise, like a bus reversing!

So what's all the fuss, you may ask, well, for someone like me who is hard of hearing (two hearing aids, by the way), the beeping noises go right through me, PLUS there will be NO privacy whatsoever when paying in cash/cheques as the free standing machine is right in front of a large pane glass window, with the public gawking in from the street, PLUS the WHOLE bank in Durham can see what you're up to! :mad:

I hate and detest the Halifax bank and because the Inland Revenues Family Tax Credits helped to ruin our credit rating, we HAVE to stay with the Halifax! :mad:

misspiggy
Shopping Trolley
Been thanked: 0

Post by misspiggy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:33 pm

SORRY TO HEAR THAT JJ ... THE BANK IS Oops! ( we use them ) but i do have 2 other accounts too so its not so bad for me. BUT that said all my cheques go through the halifax. I didnt know that was the case and it must be a very new thing cus dennis paid some money in for me the other wk to cover a cheque and it was ok. :confused:

MAYBE its just your branch ? Or else im sure ill find out soon enough ... the next time i try and do it. :(

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE ... Your avatar is HILLARIOUS! :D :lol:

Jamjar
Professional Shopper
Post by Jamjar » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:23 pm

Well thanks mp ;) But I forgot to mention that the cashier meant ALL Electron users are gonna have to use this stupid machine in the near future, but there again, it could JUST be our branch as this is a city over run with students :huh: I dunno, I still hate the Halifax bank all the same, they're a bunch of thieves :D

Jamjar
Professional Shopper
Post by Jamjar » Wed May 09, 2007 6:08 pm

Well, our branch has been at it again!

NOW, Visa Electron users are NOT allowed to ask for a statement print out, like we could do!

The woman who scorned me with this is a right stuck up snobby bia*tch! :gr:
:shifty: Want to learn how you can earn £50 just by clicking here? :yes:

Rate this topic