Meat Loaf rip off Geordie fans!!!!

Music - likes and dislikes etc.
Jamjar
Professional Shopper
Has thanked: 0
Meat Loaf rip off Geordie fans!!!!

Post by Jamjar » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:47 pm

Meat Loaf walks off in the middle of his concert last night at Newcastle City Arena, leaving thousands of furious fans!!!

Last night's concert was a particularly special night for the Mrs, as it was her first attendance to a live concert! Tickets were booked weeks in advance and there were four of us going, each of us had paid £40 each, apparently some had paid hundreds, now I don't know if that were for front seats or for the posh box rooms at the back of the arena, but even so, the North East is a poor area and people in general cannot afford to waste money like that!!!!

The actual concert was scheduled for a 7:30 start, at about 7:40 the lights went down and the crowd got excited, Meat loaf's voice announced from somewhere backstage, and introduced his daughter (Pearl?) with two acoustic guitar players.

She had a fantastic voice, in fact all three were brilliant! The trio stayed on for about half an hour and throughout the show, Pearl was polite and courteous towards the crowd and the crowd likewise, showed their appreciation. A great start to the show, then the lights went back up, the crowd now getting nicely warmed up for the main attraction.

First bugbear, WHY did it have to take another half hour to clear away three stools!?!?! Stage hands were milling about with A4 size papers and all the time I was getting a little more impatient, "What's he (Meatloaf) doing? Is he busy drying his hair or what?!?!", to great laughter from wife and friends!

FINALLY, at approximately 8:40 the lights went down again and this time the crowd went wild as the band and lights burst out of the darkness! Please excuse the poor quality of the mobile photo's, I'm just showing them as a matter of a time line:

20:44 The burst of life!

20:45 Videos on stage showing the past music of Meat Loaf!

20:46 At last, the man arrives, you can't see him on the actual stage in this photo, but you can see the live feed on the video screen, all around the stage, these 10 foot balloon characters spring up the instance Meat Loaf walks on stage, and they're dancing, LOL!

Now I have never heard this track before, so I can only assume it's off his new album? Don't know if it's Monster Is Loose, however Meat Loaf missed his cue twice and throughout the song Meat loaf seemed to be struggling and at times he got there!

Personally, I thought that his band were carrying him, his voice was distorted the music was as clear as a bell! The band were absolutely BRILLIANT! Sooo professional and on cue, I would've been happy if Meat Loaf had just left us with his band, the two lasses he had on could've made the show quite easily, on their own. The blond one was a bit PHWAOOOR!

Other tracks Meat Loaf sang were:

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back
You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth (Crowd joined in, in this one)
Out Of The Frying Pan (And Into The Fire)
It's All Coming Back To Me Now
In The Land Of The Pigs (The Butcher Is King)

Songs listed there are not necessarily in the correct order as I cannot remember as I'm still angry! However, he next announced that "This is my last f***ing performance ever, thank you for the last 30 years" and then he went in to the classical Paradise By The Dashboard Light sending the crowd wild again and as the introductory music of this track were playing, he started singing with NO sound coming out of his voice, held up his hands and suddenly announced "I'd like to thank Newcastle for coming, I can't do this anymore, but I'm going to have to leave now, I take my jacket off to you, there it is I'm going now, goodnight!"......and then he went off stage, the musicians just looked at each other in confusion, then stopped the music and then they walked off as well!!!!

The whole crowd was in confusion, the stage was left empty, but the lights hadn't come on yet, I thought he'd come back on for an encore, then minutes later the house lights came back on with the whole crowd in shock! I mean, what the.......!!!!!!!

An announcement from the arena said that they'd be an update in 5 minutes, 5 minutes later it was announced that Meat Loaf had "fallen" ill!!!!

And that was it!!!! Half the crowd booed and half cheered his well being or for half his performance or whatever, his show finished in 45 minutes!!!!

NO apologies whatsoever!!!

So we went home last night thinking he'd had a heart attack or something and find out today on our local Metro Radio station that he had a sore throat?!?!?!?!?

All the fans from last night are fuming, I am absolutely livid and apparently, if stars perform at least 40 mins in to their act, fans cannot get their money back!!!!

It's just been on the BBC 24 news (13:30) and his manager is trying to justify that the whole show was on for 90 minutes, but WE KNOW better!

His next poor performance is in Birmingham on Saturday fans there should boycott it, otherwise they may get the same treatment! :gr: :gr: :gr:

:shifty: Want to learn how you can earn £50 just by clicking here? :yes:

julesad
Shopping Basket
Been thanked: 0

Post by julesad » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:03 pm

I would be absolutely furious, I've always liked meatloaf but definitely wouldn't risk forking out good money to see him now after reading this, if he'd explained he was (genuinely) ill it might have gone down a bit better, I would still try to get my money back though regardless of the 40 minute rule. What a disappointment for you all!

Jamjar
Professional Shopper
Post by Jamjar » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:25 pm

julesad, we're absolutely livid! Apparently, it's reported he was drunk last night!! The way he was going on, it wouldn't surprise me in the least! Like other fans, the Mrs reported it to the Sun and they've been ringing back for more info also, the Sun confirm that they have been getting quite a few complaints about his performance last night! :frown:

That's the first time this year me and the Mrs have gone out together, without the kids!

Sheesh! We'd have been better off staying in and watching a 24 DVD! LOL! :lol:

julesad
Shopping Basket

Post by julesad » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:20 pm

If the sun has got a hold of the story just maybe they will push for people to get refunds, I know this doesn't really help but at least you wont be out of pocket. If he was drunk surely the venue management should have pulled the plug on the concert anyway. Such a shame it was to be your first night out this year without kids, I know what thats like! Get a good dvd, a huge box of choccys and an even bigger bottle of something nice and have a nice night in. :)

Jamjar
Professional Shopper
Post by Jamjar » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:24 pm

Well, we'll see what the Sun makes of the story. On the telly, Meat Loaf is denying he ever said that he is packing it in AND apparently, he said the same thing on a much previous concert!!!! The article will be on the BBC 24 news any minute!

We look forward to Friday nights as they are our pig out nights, we buy booze, crisps and choccies and send the kids to bed early to watch their videos :lol:

Jamjar
Professional Shopper
Post by Jamjar » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:00 pm

It's just been on our regional TV News of the BBC that we are NOT getting a refund because the show lasted over an hour, BUT we PAID to SEE Meat Loaf NOT his daughter or his stage hands faffing about the stage for half an hour, his show was supposed to start at 7:30! HE didn't start until 8:45 and then walked off at 9:30!!!!

Hope he cancels his next concert, so at least his fans will get refunded, ooh I'm REALLY annoyed about all of this! :gr: :gr: :gr:

LadyAngel
Mood:

Post by LadyAngel » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:00 pm

Apparantly, it's because the show was over an hour long that we can't receive a refund. The fact that we paid to see Meatloaf, who only stayed for half his performance, doesn't seem to compute. If I hear anything more from The Sun, I'll post it here.

Edit: Here's the Sun's story...I think they've actually quoted me! lol
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... 415948.ece

julesad
Shopping Basket

Post by julesad » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:27 am

I think this whole thing really sucks, has he even made a statement to the press or any apologies been issued?
Hope you both enjoy your Friday night "pig out night" lol

LadyAngel
Mood:

Post by LadyAngel » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:39 pm

julesad wrote:I think this whole thing really sucks, has he even made a statement to the press or any apologies been issued?
Hope you both enjoy your Friday night "pig out night" lol
Thanks, jules...I'm sure we will, thanks. :)

No, he's made no apology that I'm aware of.

Oh, and on a side note...apparantly I've been quoted in The Sun newspaper on page 27, and they've even put my age!
$$

julesad
Shopping Basket

Post by julesad » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:10 pm

tombraider wrote:Thanks, jules...I'm sure we will, thanks. :)

No, he's made no apology that I'm aware of.

Oh, and on a side note...apparantly I've been quoted in The Sun newspaper on page 27, and they've even put my age!
$$

lol quoting your age thats a bit rotten after everything else you've had to put up with, I'd complain if I was you :)

Rate this topic